which one do i download
A downloadable game for Windows
The fine folks at RMW (RPG Maker Web) decided to host a game jam due to the number of people stuck at home during the CoronaVirus outbreak. Let's hope the next one is not due to something so horrible. Anyway, we were given a month, so this game amounts to about a month's worth of work. It's not going to be the best game ever; however, I hope it is as fun to play as it was to make.
Isekai Demonica is about another possible, but unproven, victim of Bus-Kun, who is immediately anointed "Demon King." Summoned into the world of demons, which is remarkably like medieval civilizations, the hero (villain?) must quickly deal with a Miasma. This Miasma created a chaotic mess, meaning the newly summoned Demon King will have to slap down ghosts, other demons, dragons, and winged eye things(?) to clear out the Miasma that is turning people, err demons, into monsters.
Demon King: Not his real name of course, but he doesn't have one of those unless you give him one!
Cyne: A summoner demon who ganked someone into being king, nice!
Jeeves: A butler.. A ghost.. A former Demon King?
Fido: A dog. A dragon? A slot-machine?!
C'mon down, and pay a visit to Demonica, where the demons need your help!
Due to the short turn-around for making this game, there will likely be bugs even with my best effort to root them all out. The gameplay is completely not what was designed for RPG Maker, since this plays a bit more like a Zelda or a Y's type game than a Dragon Quest or Breath of Fire title. Due to the type of game running on the engine that it is - there are some quirks, like the "pause" screen is really an RPG's menu.
- On screen save points (just a reminder)
- Toggle healthbar (player)
- Fixed graphics glitch on a roof
- Put in magically missing scene
- Fixed broken lottery
- Changed stairs to give more maneuvering room
- Added Keyboard Entry for Character Name
Add pop-up health bar for player (requested)
- Add pop-up health bar for enemies
- Assigning a button to the "recall" item
Add Visual Save Points (will keep menu saves, requested)
- Even more fixes to the combat mechanics
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Technical Issues15 days ago
- Now with Fireballs!59 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - Beta Update81 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - Bugfix88 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - Bugfix90 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - Bugfix92 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - Changes95 days ago
- Isekai Demonica - BugfixMay 03, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If you want to blow through it, and just see the story go with RC1_1, it's got a few bugs that make it almost too easy. If, however, you want something closer to the game's intent (and based on feedback) - download the beta. If you want the one that was for sure 100% uploaded prior to the "No Travel Game Jam" end-date, then RC1.
- RC1: No doubt it was uploaded it time.
- RC1_1: I might have gotten it up in time, not too sure. Fixes a few minor bugs.
- Beta: A weekly build that is closer to the actual vision with added mechanics and features on top of bug fixes (though will sometimes get fresh new bugs).
247MBs? That is optimized MV! :D
I wish I can be that efficient one day.
LOL! RPG Maker MV gives the devs approximately 200 animation sequences with all of the art and sounds preset. A lot of space can be saved by removing them from the game prior to roll out, and removing the .m4a files when not doing a Mac or Android build.
I should ponder about it ^^ LOL awww... My bro have nice music all .MP3 but... I think it is easier to convert into .ogg but... well MV. Yeah each time I open a new project it is already 1gig XD so something has to go LOL